Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Celebrate Cinco

Happy Cinco de Gayo! I think we should start celebrating this every year. I mean, we already love margaritas, so really it’s not even a stretch. And if a closeted celebrity wants to come out on this day, I say that in addition to the standard-issue welcome gift of a toast oven we give her a margarita maker as a bonus. It only seems fair. That means Chely Wright and the other mystery (at least until 9am) country singer coming out today* should stock up on ice and tequila, because it’s time to salt some rims. Wow, that sounded unintentionally dirty. Sweet. Welcome to the family, ladies. In honor of this new national gayday, let’s revel in the very best thing about being a lesbian: kissing girls.

My Top 5 Movie Kisses:

5. Gia and Linda, “Gia”

What’s so fantastic about this through-the-fence kiss is not necessarily the kiss. And, surprisingly, it’s not the nakedness. It’s the way Angelina lunges toward Elizabeth, like a hungry animal.

4. Megan and Graham, “But I’m a Cheerleader”

Mostly just because I too have had sweet, sweet dreams of kissing Clea DuVall.

3. Vivian and Cay, “Desert Hearts”

This kiss single-handedly made me rethink my opinion of rain.

2. Rachel and Luce, “Imagine Me & You”

Lena Headey and a bed of roses. Piper Perabo must have been very good in a past life.

1. Camille and Petra, “When Night is Falling”

This kiss proves that not all kisses need to be on the lips to count.

And since this is my list, I get to cheat and add another. This kiss proves that they’re pretty damn good on the lips, too.


That flock of birds that takes off is serendipitous. And perfect.

So, show me yours. Best kisses, ladies – share some for Cinco.

* Curve proves once again that it suuuucks by teasing us and saying another country star was coming out today. But who was that country star: Chely Wright.

No comments:

Post a Comment