Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Is there a problem, officer?

Question: Does this woman make you wanna be bad?

How about now?How about now?How about now?How about if I told you she was going to play Chicago’s first female police chief? Yeah, now you wanna be bad. Like call the cops, get arrested, go to jail bad, don’t you? Jennifer Beals has signed on to a new Fox pilot to play said pioneering police chief. Yeah, I know. Let it all soak in. Yes, Jennifer will be back on TV. Yes, she will play a cop. Yes, she will be wearing a uniform. And a badge. And a big old gun. They’re going to have to change the song to: “I fought the law because the law was ridiculously sexy.”

Jennifer’s new show is called “Ride-Along.” Eh, not loving the name. But then, you’d be hard pressed to find a gay lady who liked the name “The L Word,” too. The other eh ingredient in this sexy lady cop sandwich? She is just the female lead, not the lead-lead. The Hollywood Reporter describes the show’s premise as such:
“Ride-Along revolves around on a rogue cowboy cop (Jason Clarke) and Chicago's first female police chief (Jennnifer Beals) who vow to clean up the streets.”

Hmm, I can see it now. She’s a strict, by-the-books chief. He’s a mavericky, loose cannon cop. They clash. They get results. Whatever, Jennifer gets to be a cop and have a freaking gun. Also, she’s on my TV and not on “Lie To Me” (I’m not really feeling that show and I am really, really not feeling her as Tim Roth’s ex-wife). I am looking forward to many, many more shot of her in power suits and sharply pressed dress blues. See, now you want to be bad, too. Well get in line, and bring your own handcuffs. I fear there could be a shortage.

No comments:

Post a Comment