Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Kiss the girl

I’m not sure if there’s another show on TV right now that makes me scream “KISS HER!” more at my screen. Now I’ve expounded on just exactly how gay “Rizzoli & Isles” is before. A lot. Seriously, I won’t shut up about it. But with each passing episode the show seems to get even more gay. Lover’s spats. Chocolate apologies. Come on, honey, try my beer. This show is so gay. So gay. I don’t know if Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander are intentionally playing up their insane chemistry (one would think not give the former’s political predilections), but it is undeniable. I think we’ll all find out how much they intent to flirt with the subtext next week with the show’s Very Special Lesbian Episode, “I Kissed a Girl.” Jane goes undercover as The Gay to catch a killer. And, just like a jealous girlfriend, Maura insists on filling out Jane’s fake online dating profile. She has her looking for a “Lipstick Lesbian.” Projecting much, darling?

Soon lesbians won’t say they’re “butch” or “femme,” but “Rizzoli” or “Isles.” For the record, I’m a Rizzoli.

But the true test of any show’s ultimate gayness is whether the femslash YouTube videos have surfaced. Welcome to the gayborhood, Rizzoli & Isles, you’ve arrived.


No comments:

Post a Comment