Monday, August 10, 2009

Just another Music Monday

My seemingly Sisyphean task of trying to make Mondays a little less miserable marches on. Today, we try music. Now, I’m no hipster music zealot. Nor do I own a pair of skinny jeans. But I do enjoy a ditty now and then. And I’ve particularly been enjoying these lately. OK, fine, I’ve also enjoyed this.

With that, DJ, drop the needle…or push the button…or whatever the hell it is they do these days.

The Cliks, “Dirty King”

Hot queers, surf guitar, hair flips. You’re welcome.

Peaches, “Talk To Me”

A Cousin It threesome? I would expect nothing less.

The Sounds, “No One Sleeps When I’m Awake”

And you thought IKEA was your favorite Swedish import.

Metric, “Help I’m Alive”

I would like to marry this song, or at very least go steady for an extended period of time.

Lily Allen, “Fuck You”

Cursing rendered utterly adorable.

Shakira, “She Wolf”

I am not sure the human body is supposed to bend this way. But I am sure I’m thankful it does.

So, give it up, what music have you been listening to lately to soothe the savage she beast?

No comments:

Post a Comment