Wednesday, October 7, 2009

It’s you girl, and you should know it

I know I don’t say this enough, but thank you. Thank you for coming here. Thank you for reading. Thank you for commenting. That you for agreeing and arguing. Thank you for everything. As I’ve said before, I write Dorothy Surrenders largely as an exercise to get the voices to behave and wait their turn. But that you visit, day after day, is something I never take for granted. And while I can’t get back to everyone (either in emails or tweets or what have you) as often or as quickly as I would like, know that I read everything you send and take note.

With that said, when the chance comes along I also like to offer up a modest thank gift whenever possible. So when nice marketing folks ask me if I want to giveaway stuff for free, I say, “Heck, yes!” And when it’s something as fantastic as free copies of the “The Mary Tyler Moore Show” I say, “There isn’t a ‘Yes’ emphatic enough!”

So, today I am giving away three copies of the Season 5 complete DVD set of “The Mary Tyler Moore Show.” The three-disc set came out Tuesday of this week and features all 24 episodes of the 1974-75 season. In case you needed reminding, “The Mary Tyler Moore Show” ran for seven seasons, won 29 Emmy awards and featured television’s first never-married, independent career woman as the lead character. Oh, and it starred Mary-freaking-Tyler Moore. And she threw her hat. God, that show was fantastic.

So, here are the details. If you want to enter leave your email address (you can spell it out for fear of the dreaded spam) in the comments section. If you want you can leave your favorite MTM moment, too. You have from today until noon 11:59 pm PST next Wednesday to enter. The winners will be posted by Friday, Oct. 16. So good luck. Who can turn the world on with her smile? You girls (and guys, I’m equal opportunity). So thanks again. And now, how about a sing-along? Hats ready and go!

UPDATE: Contest entry is now closed. Look for the winners on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment