Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Simply the best

If Tina Fey wins an award, I’m gonna write about it. If Tina Fey wins an award that names her the funniest person in the country, I’m gonna crow about it. These, by the way, are not hypotheticals. They are, thanks to the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, just fact. Yesterday it was announced that Tina will be the 13th recipient of the Mark Twain Prize for American Humor. It will make her only the third women and youngest person to be given the country’s top humor honor.

Over at AfterEllen today (what, you thought I’d only write about this once?), I count down 10 of my favorite Tina Fey moments of all time. But a few slipped through the cracks. So here are a few of my other favorite scenes from “30 Rock.” Much like potato chips and international adoptees in the Jolie-Pitt household, it’s impossible to have just one. So let’s all get business drunk and enjoy them together.

Night Cheese


How to Get Out of Jury Duty


I Want to Go to There


Lover


Little Lesbian


That entire episode was amazing, right down to its bi-curious shoes

Where’s My Sandwich?!


That entire episode was amazing, too, right down to her wolfing her special Teamsters sandwich in a single take.

The Best of Liz Lemon

In honor of Tina’s richly deserved award, I declare today We Are All Liz Lemon Day. Suck it, nerds.

No comments:

Post a Comment